Beauce Atlas, a leading fabricator in structural steel, is currently seeking a project manager. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the project manager participates in important stages in the realization of projects from the awarding of contracts to final payment.
- Manage the flow of information (communication):
- Ensure the flow of information between the various project stakeholders (designers, engineers, contractors, builders and installers) to maintain uniformity and for the coordination of the project.
- Schedule the project deadlines:
- Produce a weekly project planning schedule containing the various project implementation activities: drawing, engineering, approval, manufacturing, installation and final delivery to the customer, for planning the various departments of the company;
- Inform members of his team and the various departments concerned of the scope of contract adjustments;
- Inform the members of his team and the client of the evolution of the schedule;
- Ensure regular follow-up of the schedule with his team, with subcontractors, suppliers and the customer.
- Financial and administrative control (extras) :
- Negotiate and follow up on deadlines, changes in scope of contract and contract terms with the client and with subcontractors / suppliers.
- Control the contracts between Beauce Atlas and its customers.
- Manage the production stages:
- Ensure conformity of the drawings according to contract requirements;
- Make sure that the drawings have followed all the steps preceding the manufacturing.
- Ensure that manufacturing drawings have been sent to the factory;
- Ensure that the equipment has been requisitioned as prescribed in the Technical Manual;
- Ensure that the manufacturing stage will be carried out in accordance with the deadlines specified in the project planning schedule;
- Ensure that the delivery of equipment is made on time.
- Ensuring quality:
- Start the project with a kick-off meeting to define with all the stakeholders, the parameters for carrying out the project;
- Perform quality monitoring, evaluation of subcontractors and suppliers;
- Proceed with the post mortem of the project at the end of the realization of each of the projects;Follow up very closely with the quality department to ensure the quality of the deliverable to the customer;
- Manage changes and modifications of contract scope:
- Ensure that each major change will be incorporated into manufacturing and installation so that the project conforms to plans and specifications to meet customer expectations;
- Evaluate, negotiate and ensure the management of additional work;
- Negotiate the price of additional work with the client;
- Documentary monitoring of costs:
- Maintain a forecast file of additional costs generated by the project;
- Follow the evolution of costs as they arise;
- Transmit cost details to the accounting department for invoicing and approve payment of invoices from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Solve site problems :
- Participate in the resolution of various major issues related to requests from customers or professionals.
- Other related tasks:
- Provide the required information to the VP Operations to finalize the cost advancement by project for the monthly financial statements;
- Provide technical information for legal files and attend required meetings;
- Make the weekly update of the management report;
- Study finished projects and assess subcontractors with the project manager;
- Codify installers’ invoices for quality monitoring;Perform all other related tasks.
- Ability to coordinate people, lead and teamwork;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good stress management;
- Negotiation skills;
- Availibility for travelling in Canada and the United States
Education and experience required
- College diploma in a field related to construction
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project management
- Excellent map reading
- Proficiency in the following software: Office Suite, BimVision, Teams, Gotomeeting
- Knowledge of legal construction standards (asset)
- Group insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education
- Social club
- Sports club
- Referral bonus
- Recognition of years of service